Graduate Student Awards
Note: All awards listed on this page are given exclusively to students registered at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
*Must be nominated for marked awards.
Electrical and Computer Engineering Awards
- Andrew T. Yang Research and Entrepreneurship Award
- Elsa and Floyd Dunn Award
- Grainger Power Engineering Award
- Gregory Stillman Semiconductor Research Award
- Harold L. Olesen Undergraduate Teaching Award*
- John Bardeen Memorial Graduate Research Award
- Lieutenant General Thomas M. Rienzi Graduate Award
- M.E. Van Valkenburg Graduate Research Award
- Nick and Katherine Holonyak, Jr. Graduate Student Award
- Paul D. Coleman Outstanding Research Award
- Raj Mittra Outstanding Research Award
- Robert T. Chien Memorial Award
- Shun Lien Chuang Memorial Award for Excellence in Graduate Education
- Yi-Min Wang and Pi-Yu Chung Research Award
- Yuen T. Lo Outstanding Research Award
College of Engineering Awards
Ross J. Martin Memorial Award - This award was established by the college to recognize outstanding research achievement by a graduate student in the College of Engineering as a memorial to Ross J. Martin, associate dean of the college, who served as director of the Engineering Experiment Station for 26 years, until his death in 1984. During his tenure as director, the engineering research budget grew eightfold. Dean Martin realized how essential research is to a sound graduate engineering education and was instrumental in making this college one of the foremost research institutions in the world. This award is a tribute to his guidance and to the outstanding research conducted in this college.