ECE Advising Office
The ECE Advising Office is available to assist students with any questions relating to academics, policies, future planning, opportunities, and more! Academic advisors should be students' first point of contact if they do not know where to turn to; they are expert on the ECE curriculum, departmental policies, and academic and well-being resources available to students.
Ways to Connect
There are a number of ways to connect with an ECE advisor:
- All ECE students should be enrolled in the ECE Advising Campuswire to stay up to date on all announcements, registration information, and peer advice. This Campuswire is the main tool the office uses to communicate with the student body, both undergraduate and graduate. For information on how to join, students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org from their Illinois email account.
- Email an undergraduate advisor at email@example.com. Graduate students should connect with appropriate graduate staff.
Advising Tips and Information
Find your path through a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering.
Which Rhet 105?
All sections of Rhet 105 count for the Rhet 105 requirement.
General Education Language Requirement
The campus requires the completion of a third-semester-level foreign language course for graduation as part of the General Education requirements. If an incoming freshman has three years of one high school foreign language, s/he will meet this requirement. If s/he takes the language here, it will be used as liberal education or free elective credit.
Other information to help you decide which courses and when
- AP Credit Tables
- Humanities, Social Sciences, and Liberal Education Requirements
- Restrictions on Free Electives
- Grade Replacement
- Credit/No-Credit (Pass/Fail) option (see below for forms)
- Course Prerequisites
- ECE 445: Ways of receiving credit
- Subdiscipline elective advice -- EE and CompE
- Departmentally approved list of technical electives
Rules and Regulations
- Faculty Mentor Preference Form
- Forms for Individual Study (ECE 297/397), Senior Thesis (ECE 496+499), and Undergraduates taking 500 level Graduate Courses
- Meeting Planner - must be submitted online from My.ECE before meeting your faculty mentor in the Spring and Fall. If necessary, you may print a copy.
- Credit-No Credit Form Obtain adviser approval within the first eight weeks of instruction (first four weeks of the summer session). This option form cannot be submitted during the advanced enrollment period. The credit/no credit option can be dropped during the same time period, using the same form and procedure.
- Petition for Readmission - Contact the College of Engineering: Academic Affairs Office (206 Engineering Hall, 333-2280) to request form, or contact through the College advising web page.
Joan Mungovan Brown
Michael L Oelze
ECE Office of Student Affairs
2120 ECE Building
Hours: Weekdays 8am-12pm, 1-5pm
PH: (217) 333-0716
FAX: (217) 333-8582