Networking and distributed computing
Faculty in this group are focused on both theoretical and experimental research, with strong collaborations bridging the boundaries. A continuous stream of seminars, student feedback sessions, relevant courses, visits from industry practitioners, and various student-led activities make this a serious and exciting research group to be a part of.
Networking and distributed computing includes research on :
- wireless networking,
- mobile computing,
- cloud computing and data center architectures
- distributed algorithms and systems, and
- embedded sensing.
Research topics in these areas underpin a broad range of applications, including:
- mmWave and 5G cellular networks
- wireless autonomous systems (self-driving cars and drones)
- internet of things (IoT)
- scheduling and energy efficiency in data centers
- queueing systems
- fault-tolerance in social networks
- wearable computing and inference
- Internet and IoT security
- wireless sensing and imaging
- compressive sensing and machine learning
- acoustic sensing and networking
- mobile health
- network tomography
- power-grid networks and many others.
View a selection of recent highlights featuring accomplishments by faculty and students in this area.
Research Topics in this Area
- Cloud computing
- Computer networking
- Distributed algorithms
- Distributed and peer-to-peer systems