Electrical and Computer Master of Science (M.S.)
Our diverse, tight-knit community of faculty and students will challenge you to expand your knowledge. Pursue a specialization in one of our ten fields including biomedical imaging, microelectronics, quantum electronics and power and energy systems. Learn more about ECE M.S. admission requirements and apply today to reach new professional and academic goals.
How to Apply
- Review minimum admission requirements, listed by country.
- Complete the online application through The Graduate College. Select "Electrical and Computer Engineering—MS." Students who are unable to apply online must contact graduate admissions.
- Submit an ECE Graduate Applicant Preferences Form to indicate your areas of research interest. Forms are available two days after submitting applications.
Important Admissions Dates
Applications are submitted through the Graduate Application Portal. Please select "Electrical and Computer Engineering—MS." All materials, credentials, and test scores must be received by midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Applications are due:
- January 15 for the fall semester. (Apply by December 15 for complete consideration for fellowships and awards)
- September 1 for the spring semester.
Admission decisions for ECE M.S. programs are typically announced by April 2 for summer/fall admissions. In some cases, however, decisions may be reached much earlier.
Fields of Specialization
- Machine Learning, AI and Data Science
- Networking, Mobile and Distributed Computing
- Robotics, Autonomy, Control and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Computer Architecture, Circuits and Systems