Nanotechnology research explores new materials and techniques for developing ultra-small electronic and photonic components of high performance. This discipline crosses conventional scientific boundaries to merge electrical engineering with materials science, mechanical engineering, applied physics, and biology in its quest for devices and systems with new functionality. Current projects include research on compound semiconductor nanowires and quantum dots, carbon nanotubes, graphene and 2-D, beyond graphene nanoelectronics, nanophotonics, photovoltaics, spintronics and manipulation of DNA and biomolecules.
Research Topics in this Area
- Advanced carbon-based materials and nanoscale devices
- Computational nanotechnology
- Nano-electro mechanical systems (NEMS)
- Nano-electronics and single electronics
- Quantum nanostructures for electronics and photonics