- Electromagnetic compatibility/interference (EMC/EMI), Signal and power integrity analysis (SI/PI), Computational electromagnetics (CEM), High-power microwave, and Multi-physics analysis.
- Electromagnetic compatibility
Selected Articles in Journals
- Z. Yang, M. D. Kraman, Z. Zheng, H. Zhao, J. Zhang, S. Gong, Y. V. Shao, W. Huang, P. Wang, and X. Li, "Monolithic Heterogeneous Integration of 3D Radio Frequency L-C Elements by Self-Rolled-up Membrane Nanotechnology," Adv. Func. Mater. 2004034, 2020.
- S. Wang, Y. Shao and Z. Peng, "A Parallel-in-Space-and-Time Method for Transient Electromagnetic Problems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 3961-3973, June 2019.
- B. MacKie-Mason, Y. Shao, A. Greenwood and Z. Peng, "Supercomputing-Enabled First-Principles Analysis of Radio Wave Propagation in Urban Environments," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 66, no. 12, pp. 6606-6617, Dec. 2018.
- Z. Peng, Y. Shao, H. Gao, S. Wang and S. Lin, "High-Fidelity, High-Performance Computational Algorithms for Intrasystem Electromagnetic Interference Analysis of IC and Electronics," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 653-668, May 2017.
- Teachers Ranked As Excellent (Spring 2020)
Recent Courses Taught
- ECE 110 - Introduction to Electronics
- ECE 210 - Analog Signal Processing
- ECE 211 - Analog Circuits & Systems
- ECE 329 - Fields and Waves I
- ECE 350 X - Fields and Waves II
- ECE 498 YS3 (ECE 498 YS4, ECE 498 YVS) - Engineering EM Compatibility
- ECE 531 - Theory of Guided Waves