Other Professional Employment
- Member of Technical Staff, Bell Labs, Murray Hill, NJ, 2001-2005.
- Department Head, Bell Labs, Murray Hill, NJ, 2005-2011.
- nonlinear dynamics and control
- applied topology
- stochastic processes
- Decentralized and distributed control
- Discrete-event, switched and hybrid systems
- Random processes
- Robotics and motion planning
- Autonomous Systems and Artificial Intelligence
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Data science and analytics
- Data/Information Science and Systems
- Decision science
- Healthcare and medical technologies
- Network science and engineering
- Policy and economics
- Quantum optics, cryptography, information, and computing
- Sensing systems
- Socio-technical systems and networking
- Speech, language, and audio processing
Selected Articles in Journals
- Arnold, Maxim; Baryshnikov, Yuliy; LaValle, Steven M; Convex hull asymptotic shape evolution Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics X 349-364 2013 Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Baryshnikov, YM; Coffman, EG; Kwak, KJ; Moran, Bill; Minimalist counting in sensor networks (Noise helps) Ad Hoc Networks 9 6 987-997 2011 Elsevier
- Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Brady, Wil; Bressler, Andrew; Pemantle, Robin; Two-dimensional quantum random walk Journal of Statistical Physics 1-30 2010 Springer
- Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Ghrist, Robert; Euler integration over definable functions Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 107 21 9525 2010 National Acad Sciences
- Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Ghrist, Robert; Lipsky, David; Inversion of Euler integral transforms with applications to sensor data Inverse Problems, 27 no. 12, 10 pp., 2011.
- Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Pemantle, Robin; Asymptotics of multivariate sequences, part III: quadratic points Advances in Mathematics 228 6 3127-3206 2011 Elsevier
- Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Romik, Dan; Enumeration formulas for Young tableaux in a diagonal strip Israel Journal of Mathematics 178 1 157-186 2010 Springer
- Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Zharnitsky, Vadim; Search on the Brink of Chaos Nonlinearity 25,3023-3047, 2012.
- Edmond, Edmond; Lou, Mingji; Bonahon, Francis; Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Euclidean versus Hyperbolic Congestion in Idealized versus Experimental Networks Internet Mathematics 7 1 1-27 2011 AK Peters, Ltd.
- Y Baryshnikov, V Blumen, K Kim, V Zharnitsky, Billiard dynamics of bouncing dumbbell Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena 269, 21-27
- Y. Baryshnikov, R. Ghrist, M. Wright Hadwiger's Theorem for Definable Functions, Advances in Mathematics 245, 573-586
- Yu. Baryshnikov, B. Shapiro, How to Run a Centipede: a Topological Perspective In: Geometric Control Theory and sub-Riemannian Geometry, Springer INdAM Series 5, 37-51, 2014.
- Yu. Baryshnikov, P. Bubenik, M. Kahle Min-Type Morse Theory for Configuration Spaces of Hard Spheres Int. Math. Res. Notices, doi:10.1093/imrn/rnt012, 2013.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Y Baryshnikov, D Liberzon Robust stability conditions for switched linear systems: commutator bounds and the Lojasiewicz inequality Decision and Control (CDC), 2013 IEEE 52nd Annual Conference on, 722-726
- M Arnold, Y Baryshnikov, D Liberzon, Cyclic pursuit without coordinates: convergence to regular polygon formations, Decision and Control (CDC), 2014 IEEE 53nd Annual Conference on, p. 6191 – 6196
- Y Baryshnikov, J Duda, W Szpankowski, Markov field types and tilings Information Theory (ISIT), 2014 IEEE International Symposium on, 2639-2643
- Agrachev, Andrei A; Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Liberzon, Daniel; Towards robust Lie-algebraic stability conditions for switched linear systems Decision and Control (CDC), 2010 49th IEEE Conference on 408-413 2010 IEEE
- Yu. Baryshnikov IT Security Investment and Gordon-Loeb's 1/e rule , WEIS Proceedings, Berlin 2012.
- Baryshnikov, Yuliy; Tucci, Gabriel H; Asymptotic traffic flow in a hyperbolic network Communications Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP), 2012 5th International Symposium on 1-4 2012 IEEE
Conferences Organized or Chaired
- Topology in Motion, a thematic semester 2016, at ICERM (Providence, RI)
- IMA workshop on Geometry and Topology of Large Networks, April 2014
- AMS Committee on Mathematical Research Communities (Chair)
Service on University Committees
- Member of Faculty Senate, 2015-2017
Service on Department Committees
- FSC at ECE
- P&T in Mathematics
- undergraduate curriculum committee
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellow (1992)
- Lady Davis Professorship, Technion (2003)
- CSE 441 - Introduction to Optimization
- ECE 313 - Probability with Engrg Applic
- ECE 490 - Introduction to Optimization
- ECE 493 - Advanced Engineering Math
- ECE 515 - Control System Theory & Design
- MATH 362 - Probability with Engrg Applic
- MATH 487 - Advanced Engineering Math
- MATH 595 - Applied Topology
- MATH 595 - Top Ten Algorithms for Today
- MATH 598 - Literature Seminar in Math
- ME 540 - Control System Theory & Design