- Ph.D., Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2017
- Cloud computing
- Computer architecture
- Computer security, privacy, and information trust
- Distributed and peer-to-peer systems
- Embedded, real-time, and hybrid systems
- Hardware systems
- Machine learning
- Operating systems
- Parallel processing
- Reliable and secure systems
- Software systems
- System design for reliability
- Autonomous Systems and Artificial Intelligence
- Autonomous vehicular technology, UAVs
- Cognitive computing
- Computational science and engineering
- Cyberphysical systems and internet of things
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Data science and analytics
- Data/Information Science and Systems
- Distributed computing and storage systems
- Human computer interactions
- Machine learning
- Machine vision
- Sensing systems
- Smart infrastructures
- Speech, language, and audio processing
- Wearable and mobile computing
Selected Articles in Journals
- Offloading to Improve the Battery Life of Mobile Devices. Ranveer Chandra, Steve Hodges, Anirudh Badam, Jian Huang. Spotlight in IEEE Pervasive Computing (Speical Issue on Energy Harvesting and Power Management), Volume 15, No. 4, 2016
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- FlashGuard: Leveraging Intrinsic Flash Properties to Defend Against Encryption Ransomware. Jian Huang, Jun Xu, Xinyu Xing, Peng Liu, Moinuddin K. Qureshi. In Proceedings of the 24th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS'17).
- FlashBlox: Achieving Both Performance Isolation and Uniform Lifetime for Virtualized SSDs. Jian Huang, Anirudh Badam, Laura Caulfield, Suman Nath, Sudipta Sengupta, Bikash Sharma, Moinuddin K. Qureshi. In Proceedings of the 15th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST'17).
- Pallas: Semantic-Aware Checking for Finding Deep Bugs in Fast Path. Jian Huang, Michael R. Allen-Bond, Xuechen Zhang. In Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS'17).
- An Evolutionary Study of Linux Memory Management for Fun and Profit. Jian Huang, Moinuddin K. Qureshi, Karsten Schwan. In Proceedings of 2016 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC'16).
- WearDrive: Fast and Energy-Efficient Storage for Wearables. Jian Huang, Anirudh Badam, Ranveer Chandra, Ed Nightingale. In Proceedings of 2015 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC'15).
- Unified Address Translation for Memory-Mapped SSDs with FlashMap. Jian Huang, Anirudh Badam, Moinuddin K. Qureshi, Karsten Schwan. In Proceedings of the 42nd International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA'15).
- NVRAM-aware Logging in Transaction Systems. Jian Huang, Karsten Schwan, Moinuddin K. Qureshi. In Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB'15).
- Understanding Issue Correlations: A Case Study of the Hadoop System. Jian Huang, Xuechen Zhang, Karsten Schwan. In Proceedings of 2015 ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC'15).
- USENIX ATC 2018, Program Committee
- ISCA 2018, External Review Committee
- HPCA 2018, External Review Committee
- ASPLOS 2018, Shadow Program Committee
- Computer Architecture Letter (2017), Reviewer
- ACM Transactions on Storage (2016), Reviewer
- Microsoft Research Outstanding Project Award (2017)
- IEEE Micro Top Picks Honorable Mention (2016)
- Best Paper Award at USENIX ATC (2015)
- ECE 391 - Computer Systems Engineering
- ECE 598 - Adv Memory & Storage Systems