Henneman Scholarship in Electrical and Computer Engineering
This scholarship was set up by father and son Ralph J. (BSEE '49) and Michael J. (BSEE '75, MBA '83) Henneman through their company, Henneman Engineering, Inc. Engineers and Architects in Champaign and Chicago, Illinois to provide financial support to an outstanding undergraduate in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
This scholarship is given annually to recognize and reward an outstanding junior or senior who has demonstrated an interest in power distribution.
- You must be a student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, enrolled in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- The recipient shall be an active undergraduate in good standing.
- The recipient shall have attained a junior or a senior status as determined by the engineering college.
- The recipient shall have a minimum 3.0 academic average (out of possible 4.0) for all the previous semesters of school work.
- The recipient shall be studying in the academic field of power distribution in the Electrical Engineering Department.
Professor Peter Sauer is the faculty member selected to act as liaison with the College of Engineering. He works with the faculty and department administration to select the recipient in September from application forms collected from students who have demonstrated an interest in power engineering.
The recipient will be recognized at the annual spring ECE Awards and Recognition Banquet.
Past Recipients of the Award
|2018-2019||Joseph Paul Rapp|
|2002-2003||None in ECE|
|2001-2002||Patrick C. Toops|
|2000-2001||None in ECE|
|1997-1998||None in ECE|
|1990-1991||None in ECE|
|1987-1988||None in ECE|