ECE 598 RPP
ECE 598 RPP - Selected Topics in Power Electronics
This course covers fundamental topics in power electronics through select readings and discussions of seminal papers in the field. The material goes deeper than that covered in conventional textbooks, where pioneering manuscripts from the field of power electronics over the last several decades are the key source of information. Additionally, new topics and review papers will be assigned to address emerging technologies in the field of power electronics and its applications.
Control of Power Electronics :
- Digital control, sampling rates, pulse-width modulation, quantization noise, loop delays, sigma-delta modulation
- Geometric control, state-space control, sliding-mode control
- Power factor correction, self-tuning systems
Resonant and Soft-Switching Techniques
- Resonant topologies: LLC, full-bridge, phase shift control, Class-E/F/Phi2
- Quasi-resonant topologies
- Coupled magnetics, planar transformers, advanced loss modeling
Design and Optimization
- Multi-objective optimization methods, Pareto front optimization, loss model development,
- Wide bandgap semiconductors (SiC and GaN), module development, capacitor loss models.
- Heatsink design, thermal interface materials, electrical and thermal co-design