For more information
- Ph.D. Chemistry
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering 2007
- Visiting Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering 2004
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois 1999
Other Professional Employment
- co-Founder and CTO, Excarb, Inc Champaign IL 2014
- co-Founder and CTO, EP Purification, Inc. Champaign, IL 2010
- co-Founder and CTO, Eden Park Illumination, Inc. Champaign IL 2007
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Ozone Technology and Applications
- Lighting and Display
- UV and VUV technology
- Plasma Chemistry
- Low Temperature Plasma
- Microplasma Science and Technology
- Advanced carbon-based materials and nanoscale devices
- Electromagnetics and Optics
- Lasers and optical physics
- Microcavity lasers and nanophotonics
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Microelectronics and Photonics
- Plasma devices and plasma science
- Semiconductor electronic devices
- Semiconductor materials
- Ultraviolet photophysics
Chapters in Books
- J.G. Eden and S.-J. Park, “Microcavity and Microchannel Plasmas: General Characteristics and Emerging Applications,” M. Bonitz et al. (eds.), Complex Plasmas, Springer Series on Atomic, 373 Optical, and Plasma Physics 82, Switzerland 2014
Selected Articles in Journals
- J. G. Eden, S.-J. Park, J. H. Cho, M. H. Kim, T. J. Houlahan, Jr., B. Li, E. S. Kim, T. L. Kim, S. K. Lee, K. S. Kim, J. K. Yoon, S. H. Sung, P. Sun, C. M. Herring, and C. J. Wagner, “Plasma Science and Technology in the Limit of the Small: Microcavity Plasmas and Emerging Applications, ” IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 41(4), 661, 2013.
- M. H. Kim, J. H. Cho, S. B. Ban, R. Y. Choi, E. J. Kwon, S.-J. Park, and J. G. Eden, “Efficient generation of ozone in arrays of microchannel plasmas,” J. Phys. D., 46, 305201, 2013.
- G. Desmet, A. Michelmore, E. J. Szili, S.-J. Park, J. G. Eden, R. D. Shorta and S. A. Al-Bataineh, “On the effects of atmospheric-pressure microplasma array treatment on polymer and biological materials,” RSC Advances, 3, 13437, 2013.
- W.-J. Kunag, Q. Li, H. Tolner, T.G. Oh, S.-J. Park, and J. G. Eden, “Large-Area Polymeric Microplasma Devices With Elongated Lifetime for Flexible Display and Photonic Applications,” IEEE Electron Dev. Lett., 35, 765, 2014.
- J. S. Lee, O.J. Lee, H.W. Ju, B. M. Moon, D.-K. Kim, J. H. Cho, M. H. Kim, P. P. Sun, S.-J. Park, J. G. Eden, and C. H. Park, “Wound Healing with Nonthermal Microplasma Jets Generated in Arrays of Hourglass Microcavity Devices,” J. Phys. D., 47, 435402, 2014.
- APS, Member
- International UV Association, Member
- International Ozone Association, Member
- IEEE, Senior Member
- Innovation Discovery Award (2009)
- Clean Energy Challenge, Grand Prize (2014)
- Red Herring 100 Award (2009)