Adjunct Assistant Professor
4255 Beckman Institute
For more information
- PhD in Applied physics. Rice University. 2011
- MS in physics. Tsinghua University. 2007
- BS in physics. Tsinghua University. 2005
- Assistant Professor, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
- Assistant Professor, ECE
Other Professional Employment
- Advisory Research Scientist, Ricoh Research, Cupertino, CA, 2015-2016
- Ultrafast bioimaging
- Biomedical Optics
- 3D Display technologies, VR/AR
- Optical design and fabrication
Selected Articles in Journals
- J. Liang, C. Ma, L. Zhu, Y. Chen, L. Gao, L. V. Wang, “Single-shot real-time video recording of a photonic Mach cone induced by a scattered light pulse”, Science Advances, 3, e1601814 (2017).
- L. Gao and L. V. Wang, "A review of snapshot multidimensional optical imaging: measuring photon tags in parallel", Physics Report (2016)
- L. Gao, J. Liang, C. Li, and L. V. Wang, "Single-shot compressed ultrafast photography at one hundred billion frames per second", Nature, 516, 74-77 (2014)
- L. V. Wang and L. Gao, "Photoacoustic microscopy and computed tomography: from bench to bedside", Annu. Rev. Biomed. Eng. 16, 155 (2014).
- L. Gao and R. T. Smith, "Optical hyperspectral imaging in microscopy and spectroscopy-a review of data acquisition", J. Biophotonics (2014).
- L. Gao, R. T. Kester, N. Hagen, and T. S. Tkaczyk, "Snapshot Image Mapping Spectrometer (IMS) with high sampling density for hyperspectral microscopy," Opt. Express 18, 14330 (2010).
- L. Gao, R. T. Kester, and T. S. Tkaczyk, "Compact Image Slicing Spectrometer (ISS) for hyperspectral fluorescence microscopy," Opt. Express 17, 12293 (2009).
- NIH MIRA (Outstanding Investigator Award R35) for Early-Stage Investigators (2018)
- NSF CAREER (2017)
- BIOE 380 - Biomedical Imaging
- BIOE 467 - Biophotonics
- BIOE 497 - Individual Study
- ECE 380 - Biomedical Imaging
- ECE 467 - Biophotonics
- ECE 498 - Optical Design of Imaging Syst
- ECE 569 - Inverse Problems in Optics