Resonance is ECE ILLINOIS’ semi-annual magazine. You can download the full digital (PDF) edition or follow the headline links below to read select stories.
- A chorusing crowd: frogs help researchers study hearing
- Researchers set new record for brightness of quantum dots
- New flat-panel display fabrication technique
- Cancer-detecting ultrasound under development
- Blue Waters finds a home at Illinois
- Cangellaris invested as Van Valkenburg Professor
- Four new faculty members join ECE
- Faculty News
- News Briefs
- Researchers awarded grant to study effects of blast exposure
- ECE students take up residence on the National Mall
- Jonathan Hill: Supporting our students
- ECE scholarship to benefit ncoming freshmen
- Donor Profile: Mike Kaskowitz
- Donor Honor Roll
- Alumni board president’s letter
- New alumni board members named
- Distinguished alumni class includes educators, industry leaders
Consider nominating an alumnus for an ECE Illinois award. More information is available on the Alumni page.
- Alumni Leaders: Jordan Plofsky and John Day
- Alumni Class Notes
Update your information or share news with the department via the Keep in Touch Form.
- Remembering Bardeen and superconductivity theory
- The sound of music: Beauchamp slices, dices, puts it together again
- Campus Roundup
- Holonyak honored with campus marker
Have a news story idea?
The Illinois ECE news item submission form will help increase the visibility of Illinois ECE. Submissions can include ongoing or published research, new funding, awards, student or faculty highlights, and anything else new and interesting in Illinois ECE. This could be for a press release, feature article, podcast, video, social media post, or the Illinois News Bureau.