- Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2009
- B.S. Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Colgate University, Computer Science, August 2014 to July 2016
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Knox College, Computer Science, January 2014 to August 2014
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, January 2014 to Present
- Lecturer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Electrical and Computer Engineering, January 2013 to December 2013
Other Professional Employment
- Senior Architect, MulticoreWare Incorporated, Champaign, IL, August 2012 to Present
- Parallel Programming Models
- Parallel Architecture
- Computer architecture
- Parallel processing
- Programming languages
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- G. Juckeland, W. Brantley, S. Chandrasekaran, B. Chapman, S. Che, M. Colgrove, H. Fend, A. Grund, R. Henschel, W. W. Hwu, H. Li, M. Muller, W. E. Nagel, M. Perminov, P. Shelepugin, K. Skadron, J. A. Stratton, A. Titov, K. Wang, M. van Waveren, B. Whitney, S. Wienke, R. Xu, and K. Kumaran. "SPEC ACCEL: A Standard Application Suite for Measuring Hardware Accelerator Performance," In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Performance Modeling, Benchmarking and Simulation of High Performance Computer Systems, November 2014
- A. Papakonstantinou, K. Gururaj, J. A. Stratton, D. Chen, J. Cong, and W. W. Hwu. "FCUDA: Enabling Efficient Compilation of CUDA Kernels onto FPGAs," in Proceedings of the Symposium on Application Specific Processors, pp 35-42, July 2009.
- J. A. Stratton, S. S. Stone, and W. W. Hwu. "MCUDA: An Efficient Implementation of CUDA Kernels for Multi-Cor CPUs," in Proceedings of the 21st International Workshop on Languages and Compilers for Parallel Computing (LCPC), pp 16-30, July 2008.
- J. A. Stratton, N. Anssari, C. I. Rodrigues, I.-J. Sung, L.-W. Chang, G. Liu, and W. W. Hwu. "Algorithm and Data Optimization Techniques for Scaling to Massively Threaded Systems," IEEE Computer, Special Issue on Massively Threaded Computer Systems, pp 26-32, August 2012.
- Most Valuable Entrepreneurial Leadership in a Startup, University of Illinois Research Park Intern Award, 2012
- Certificate in Foundations of Teaching: Center for Teaching Excellence, University of Illinois, 2012
- Strategic Technology Management Certificate: Illinois Technology Entrepreneur Center, University of Illinois, 2008
- ECE 199 - Undergraduate Open Seminar