- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign, 2007
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2009
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2011
- ECE 220 Computer Systems & Programming
Selected Articles in Journals
- Y. W. Chen, P. Y. Han, X.-C. Zhang, “Tunable broadband antireflection structures for silicon at terahertz frequency,” Applied Physics Letters, 94, 041106 (2009). * Featured in Research Highlights, Nature Photonics, 3, 187 (2009).
- P. Y. Han, Y. W. Chen, X.-C. Zhang, “Application of Silicon Micropyramid Structures for Antireflection of Terahertz Waves,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 16, 338 (2010).
- Y. W. Chen, P. Y. Han, X.-C. Zhang, M-L Kuo, S-L Lin, “Three-dimensional inverted photonic grating with engineerable refractive indices for broadband antireflection of terahertz waves,” Optics Letters, 35, 3159 (2010).
- Y. W. Chen, P. Y. Han, M-L Kuo, S-L Lin, X.-C. Zhang, “Terahertz broadband antireflection photonic device with graded refractive indices,” Acta Physica Sinica, 21, 088401 (2012).
- Y. W. Chen, X.-C. Zhang, “Anti-reflection implementations for terahertz waves,” Frontiers of Optoelectronics, 7, 243 (2014).
- X.-C. Zhang, P. Y. Han, Y. W. Chen (2012). U.S. Patent No. 8,299,435. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Tunable Broadband Anti-reflection Apparatus.
- X.-C. Zhang, P. Y. Han, Y. W. Chen (2012). U.S. Patent No. 8,338,802. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Terahertz Radiation Anti-reflection Devices and Methods for Handling Terahertz Radiation.
- ECE Illinois Oakley Scholarship (2004)
- Rensselaer Founders Award of Excellence (2009)
- National Science Foundation IGERT Fellowship (2007 - 2010)
- ECE 210 - Analog Signal Processing
- ECE 211 - Analog Circuits & Systems
- ECE 220 - Computer Systems & Programming
- ENG 598 - Teaching and Leadership
- ENG 598 - Teaching and Leadership 2