- Computer security, privacy, and information trust
- Cryptographic systems and protocols
- Fault tolerance and reliability
- Formal methods and software verification
- Programming languages
- Reliable and secure systems
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Data/Information Science and Systems
- Distributed computing and storage systems
- Socio-technical systems and networking
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Atomically Trading with Roger: Gambling on the success of a hardfork. Patrick McCorry, Ethan Heilman, Andrew Miller. Data Privacy Management, International Workshop on Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology - CBT'17. September 2017
- Instantaneous Decentralized Poker. Iddo Bentov, Ranjit Kumaresan, and Andrew Miller. AsiaCrypt. December 2017.
- Zero-Collateral Lotteries in Bitcoin and Ethereum. Iddo Bentov and Andrew Miller. Security and Privacy on the Blockchain, April 2017.
- SmartCast: An Incentive Compatible Consensus Protocol Using Smart Contracts. Abhiram Kothapalli, Andrew Miller, and Nikita Borisov. To appear, 1st Workshop on Trusted Smart Contracts, April 2017.
- Towards an Accountable Software-Defined Networking Architecture. Benjamin Ujcich, Adam Bates, Andrew Miller, William H. Sanders, NETSOFT 2017.
- The Honey Badger of BFT Protocols. Andrew Miller, Yu Xia, Kyle Croman, Elaine Shi, and Dawn Song. ACM CCS. November 2016
- Hawk: The Blockchain Model of Cryptography and Privacy-Preserving Smart Contracts. Ahmed Kosba, Andrew Miller, Elaine Shi, Zikai Wen, Charalampos Papamanthou. IEEE Security & Privacy (Oakland), May 2016.
- Non-outsourceable Scratch-Off Puzzles to Discourage Bitcoin Mining Coalitions. Andrew Miller, Elaine Shi, Ahmed Kosba, and Jonathan Katz. ACM Computer and Communications Security (CCS), October 2015.
- SoK: Research Perspectives and Challenges for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies. Joseph Bonneau, Andrew Miller, Jeremy Clark, Arvind Narayanan, Joshua A. Kroll, Edward W. Felten. IEEE Security & Privacy (Oakland), May 2015.
- Permacoin: Repurposing Bitcoin Work for Long-Term Data Preservation. Andrew Miller, Ari Juels, Elaine Shi, Bryan Parno, Jonathan Katz. IEEE Security & Privacy (Oakland), May 2014.
- Authenticated Data Structures, Generically. Andrew Miller, Michael Hicks, Jonathan Katz, Elaine Shi. ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL). January, 2014. (project webpage)
Public Service Honors
- Distinguished Reviewer Award, IEEE Security & Privacy 2018 (May 22, 2018)
- CS 461 - Computer Security I
- CS 498 - Applied Cryptography
- CS 598 - Cryptocurrency Security
- ECE 398 - Smart Contracts & Blockchain S
- ECE 422 - Computer Security I
- ECE 498 - Applied Cryptography
- ECE 598 - Cryptocurrency Security