- Doctor of Philosophy, Major: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California at Berkeley, 2000
My area of research is Wireless Communication Networks. My main research interests are in understanding fundamental limitations to reliable wireless communication and to leverage this understanding into engineering solutions for wireless networks. An important component of my research is to take a system view of wireless communication by a joint consideration of networking and medium access issues with the underlying time-varying wireless channel.
More broadly, I am interested in understanding fundamental limitations to network information transmission and representation. Some of our recent research resolves decades-long open problems in optimal network information compression.
My publications provide a finer look at the nature of my research interests and the engineering scope of contributions.
- Communication Theory, Wireless Communication, Information Theory, Communication Networks.
- Communication networks
- Information theory
- Wireless communication systems
- Autonomous Systems and Artificial Intelligence
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Data science and analytics
- Data/Information Science and Systems
- Distributed computing and storage systems
- Machine learning
- Network science and engineering
- Speech, language, and audio processing
- Associate Editor for Communications at the IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 2006-2008.
- NSF CAREER Award, 2003
- Bernard Friedman Prize, Department of Mathematics, University of California at Berkeley, 2000
- Eliahu Jury Award, Department of EECS, University of California at Berkeley, 2000
- Motorola Gold Medal, Indian Institute of Science, 1995
- M R Khambati Gold Medal, Indian Institute of Science, 1995
- Present in the "an incomplete list of teachers ranked as excellent by their students" for the semesters of Fall 2003, Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2011.
- ECE 297 - Individual Study
- ECE 313 - Probability with Engrg Applic
- ECE 396 - Honors Project
- ECE 397 - Individual Study in ECE
- ECE 398 - Making Sense of Big Data
- ECE 398 - Probability in Engineering Lab
- ECE 461 - Digital Communications
- ECE 496 - Senior Research Project
- ECE 499 - Senior Thesis
- ECE 559 - Stats Approach to Data Privacy
- ECE 559 - Topics in Communications
- ECE 563 - Information Theory
- ECE 596 - Master's Project
- ECE 597 - Individual Study in ECE
- ECE 598 - Learning: Algorithms & Models
- ECE 599 - Thesis Research
- MATH 362 - Probability with Engrg Applic