- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of California at Berkeley, December 1998
Post-Doctoral Research Opportunities
If the MRI is funded, there are three positions for people to develop the instrument, and I intend to find postdocs to fill those positions. The intent is to use the MRI as a catalyst for interdisciplinary research efforts around computational genomics, so these postdocs will be able to help with those efforts and participate in them part time (% for some of the positions ramps down later in the project based on assumption of moving part of their time over to research efforts).
- computational genomics, smartphone-based bioassays, optical network architecture, computer architecture, cluster computing, parallel computing, user-level communication, validation and reliability
- Software systems
- Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, Spring 2002 (497SSL ... grad class back then)
- Collins Fellow (from the COE Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education), 2000, 2001, 2002.
- GE Scholar (from the College of Engineering Teaching College), 1999
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development Award, 2000
- Best Student Paper Award, SC97: High-Performance Networking and Computing
- NSF Graduate Fellowship, 1991-1995
Public Service Honors
- Member of the Center for Excellence in Education's Chicago Board of Directors (one of the Center's programs is an outreach program intended to encourage inner-city youth to pursue further education).
- ECE 120 - Introduction to Computing
- ECE 220 - Computer Systems & Programming
- ECE 391 - Computer Systems Engineering
- ECE 408 - Applied Parallel Programming