Primary Research Area
- Power and Energy Systems - Operation and control of power systems
For more information
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2014
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2012
- B.Tech., Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, 2009
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cornell University, ECE, Aug 2014 - Dec 2015
- Assistant Professor, UIUC, ECE, Jan 2016 - present
- Algorithm and market design for power systems
- Renewable integration
- Transportation electrification
- Networked dynamical systems
- Distributed algorithms
- Dynamics and stability of power systems
- Energy system economics and public policy
- Networked control systems
- Operation and control of power systems
- Stochastic systems and control
Chapters in Books
- Some Emerging Challenges in Electricity Markets, S. Bose, S. H. Low. Accepted for publication in Springer volume on "Smart Grid Control: Overview and Research Opportunities," edited by Jakob Stoustrup, Anuradha Annaswamy, Aranya Chakrabortty and Zhihua Qu.
Selected Articles in Journals
- On the Role of a Market Maker in Networked Cournot Competition, D. Cai, S. Bose, and A. Wierman. Accepted in INFORMS Mathematics of Operations Research, 2018. (Preprint available)
- Offer Strategies for Wholesale Energy and Regulation Markets, D. Fooladivanda, H. Xu, A. Dominguez-Garcia, and S. Bose, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 7305-7308, 2018.
- Convergence of the Iterates in Mirror Descent Methods, T. T. Doan, S. Bose, D. H. Nguyen, and Carolyn L. Beck, IEEE Control Systems Letters, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 114 - 119, 2019.
- On Robust Tie-line Scheduling in Multi-Area Power Systems, Y. Guo, S. Bose, L. Tong, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 4144-4154, 2018
- Optimal Placement of Distributed Energy Storage in Power Networks, C. Thrampoulidis, S. Bose, and B. Hassibi. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 416-429, 2015.
- Equivalent Relaxations of Optimal Power Flow, S. Bose, S. Low, T. Teeraratkul, B. Hassibi. IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control 2015, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 729-742.
- A Unifying Market Power Measure for Deregulated Transmission-Constrained Electricity Markets, S. Bose, C. Wu, Y. Xu, A. Wierman, H. Mohsenian-Rad. IEEE Trans. on Power Systems 2014, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 2338-2348.
- Quadratically Constrained Quadratic Programs on Acyclic Graphs with application to Power Flow, S. Bose, D. F. Gayme, K. M. Chandy, S. Low. IEEE Trans. on Control of Network Systems 2014, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 278 - 287.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Ridesharing Systems with Electric Vehicles, T. Mamalis, S. Bose, L. R. Varshney. Accepted at the American Control Conference, 2019. (Preprint available)
- Coordinated Transaction Scheduling in Multi-Area Power Systems with Strategic Participants, M. Ndrio, S. Bose, Y. Guo, L. Tong. Accepted at the IEEE PES General Meeting, 2019. (Preprint available)
- Risk-Sensitive Security-Constrained Economic Dispatch via Critical Region Exploration, A. N. Madavan, S. Bose, Y. Guo, L. Tong. Accepted at the IEEE PES General Meeting, 2019. (Preprint available)
- Business-to-Peer Carsharing Systems with Electric Vehicles, T. Mamalis, S. Bose, L. R. Varshney. Presented at the Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, 2019. (Preprint available)
- The Impact of Aggregating Distributed Energy Resources on Electricity Market Efficiency, K. Alshehri, M. Ndrio, S. Bose, T. Basar. Presented at the Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, 2019. (Preprint available)
- Distributed Lagrangian Method for Tie-Line Scheduling in Power Grids under Uncertainty, T. T. Doan, S. Bose, C. Beck. ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review 45.2, pp. 88-90, 2017.
- Stochastic Small Signal Stability of Power System with Random Wind, S. Pushpak, U. Vaidya, S. Bose. Proceedings of the Probabilistic Methods applied to Power Systems Conference, 2018.
- On the efficiency of networked Stackelberg competition, Y. Xu, D. Cai, S. Bose, A. Wierman. Proceedings of the Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, 2017.
- Cash-settled options for wholesale electricity markets, K. Alshehri, S. Bose, T. Basar. Proceedings of the World Congress of the International Federation of Automatic Control, 2017.
- A Bound on the Minimum Rank of Solutions to Sparse Linear Matrix Equations, R. Louca, S. Bose, E. Bitar. Proceedings of the American Control Conference, 2016.
- On the design of wholesale electricity markets under uncertainty, S. Bose. Allerton Conference 2015.
- Variability and the Locational Marginal Value of Energy Storage, S. Bose, E. Bitar. Proceedings of the IEEE Annual Conference on Decision and Control, 2014.
- The role of a market-maker in networked Cournot equilibrium, S. Bose, D. Cai, A. Wierman, S. Low. Proceedings of the IEEE Annual Conference on Decision and Control, 2014.
- A Unifying Approach to Assessing Market Power in Deregulated Electricity Markets, C. Wu, S. Bose, A. Wierman, H. Mohsenian-Rad. Proceedings of the IEEE Power and Engineering Society General Meeting, 2013.
- Optimal power flow over tree networks, S. Bose, D. F. Gayme, S. Low, K. M. Chandy. Proceedings of Allerton Conference on Communication Control and Computing, 2011.
- Assessing Market Power in Deregulated Electricity Markets, S. Bose, C. Wu, H. Mohsenian-Rad, A. Wierman
- ECE 330 - Power Ckts & Electromechanics
- ECE 365 - Data Science and Engineering
- ECE 398 - Making Sense of Big Data
- ECE 530 - Large-Scale System Analysis
- ECE 598 - Electricity Markets