Richard Y. Zhang
For more information
- Ph.D, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, MIT, 2017
- Postdoc, Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, UC Berkeley, 2017-2019
- Autonomous Systems and Artificial Intelligence
- Computational science and engineering
- Data/Information Science and Systems
- Decision science
- Machine learning
- Smart grid and energy delivery
Selected Articles in Journals
- R. Y. Zhang, S. Sojoudi, and J. Lavaei, Sharp Restricted Isometry Bounds for the Inexistence of Spurious Local Minima in Nonconvex Matrix Sensing. Journal of Machine Learning Research, 20.114 (2019): pp. 1-34.
- R. Y. Zhang, J. Lavaei, and R. Baldick, Spurious Local Minima in Power System State Estimation. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 6.3 (2019): pp. 1086-1096.
- Y. Ouyang, R. Y. Zhang, J. Lavaei, and P. Varaiya, Large-Scale Traffic Signal Offset Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 2019.
- R. Y. Zhang and J. K. White, GMRES-Accelerated ADMM for Quadratic Objectives. SIAM Journal on Optimization, 28.4 (2018): pp. 3025-3056.
- R. Y. Zhang, C. Josz, and S. Sojoudi, Conic optimization for control, energy systems, and machine learning: Applications and algorithms. Annual Reviews in Control, 47 (2018): pp. 323-340.
- S. Fattahi, R. Y. Zhang, and S. Sojoudi, Linear Time Algorithms for Sparse Inverse Covariance Estimation. IEEE Access, 7 (2018): pp. 12658-12672.
- R. Y. Zhang and J. K. White, Toeplitz-Plus-Hankel Matrix Recovery for Green’s Function Computations on General Substrates. Proceedings of the IEEE, 103.11 (2015): pp. 1970-1984.
- R. Y. Zhang, J. K. White, and J. G. Kassakian, Fast simulation of complicated 3D structures above lossy magnetic media. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 50.10 (2014): 7027416.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- R. Y. Zhang, C. Josz, S. Sojoudi, and J. Lavaei, How Much Restricted Isometry is Needed In Nonconvex Matrix Recovery? NeurIPS 2018, Dec 3-8, 2018.
- C. Josz, Y. Ouyang, R. Y. Zhang, J. Lavaei, and S. Sojoudi, A Theory on the Absence of Spurious Solutions for Nonconvex and Nonsmooth Optimization. NeurIPS 2018, Dec 3-8, 2018.
- R. Y. Zhang, S. Fattahi, and S. Sojoudi, Large-Scale Sparse Inverse Covariance Estimation via Thresholding and Max-Det Matrix Completion. ICML 2018, Jul 10-15, 2018.
- R. Y. Zhang and J. Lavaei, Sparse Semidefinite Programs with Near-Linear Time Complexity. CDC 2018, Dec 17-19, 2018.
- Y. Ouyang, R. Y. Zhang, J. Lavaei, and P. Varaiya, Conic Approximation with Provable Guarantee for Traffic Signal Offset Optimization. CDC 2018, Dec 17-19, 2018.
- R. Y. Zhang and J. Lavaei, Efficient Algorithm for Large-and-Sparse LMI Feasibility Problems. CDC 2018, Dec 17-19, 2018.
- R. Y. Zhang and J. Lavaei, Modified Interior-Point Method for Large-and-Sparse Low-Rank Semidefinite Programs. CDC 2017, Dec 12-15, 2017.
- ECE 330 - Power Ckts & Electromechanics
- ECE 530 - Large-Scale System Analysis