2048 ECE Building
For more information
- PhD Applied Physics Cornell University 1971
- Syntheses and Study of Tailored Organometallic, Inorganic and Polymeric Precursors for Sol-Gel Processing, Charged Liquid Cluster Beam Deposition and Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Investigation of Methods for Controlled Fabrication of Thin Films, Nanofibers, and Nanoparticles Using Charged Liquid Cluster Beams of Precursor Solutions
- Investigation of Novel Approaches to Fabricating Micro and Nanoscale Structures for Development of New Devices and Material Systems for Controlled Release, Lighting, Display, Solar Cells, Photosensors, and Power Storage
- Development of Methods for Fabricating Uniform Micro and Nano Spheres and Capsules of Biodegradable and Biocompatible Materials for Advanced Drug Delivery and Cell-Based Therapy
- Development of High Power Electronic Devices Based on III-V Nitride Semiconductors Using Plasma Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy and Selective Area Growth Technology
- Device modeling
- Energy storage conversion, management, and control
- Gallium nitride power semiconductors
- High-performance switching power converters
- Microelectronics and Photonics
- Power electronics
- Semiconductor electronic devices
- Bioelectronics and Bioinformatics
- Charge particle physics and engineering
- Electronics, Plasmonics, and Photonics
- Healthcare and medical technologies
- Nanomedicine and bio-nanotechnology
- Semiconductor devices and manufacturing
- Solar and renewable technology
Selected Articles in Journals
- Fawad Ismail, Palash Sarker, Mohamed Mohamed, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Umberto Ravaioli, "Moving mesh adaptation for Si and GaN-based power device simulation," Journal of Computational Electronics, DOI: 10.1007/s10825-018-1218-5, July 2018
- Benjamin Lew, In-Yong Kim, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon(Kevin) Kim,â€Sustained exenatide delivery via intracapsular microspheres for improved survival and function of microencapsulated porcine islets,â€ Drug Delivery and Translational Research (2018) 8:857-862; https://doi.org/10.1007/s13346-018-0484-x.
- In-Yong Kim, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Improved survival of anchorage-dependent cells in core-shell hydrogel microcapsules via co-encapsulation with cell-friendly microspheres," Journal of Microencapsulation, 34(1): 57-62 (2017)
- Il-Doo Kim, Elizabeth Sawicki, Hye-Kyung Lee, Eun-Hwa Lee, Heon Joo Park, Pyung-Lim Han, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Hyungsoo Choi, Ja-Kyeong Lee, "Robust neuroprotective effects of intranasally delivered iNOS siRNA encapsulated in gelatin nanoparticles in the postischemic brain," Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine 12 (2016) 1219-1229.
- In-Yong Kim, Elizabeth Joachim, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Toxicity of silica nanoparticles depends on size, dose, and cell type," Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine. (2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2015.03.004, NANO-01098; No of Pages 10.
- Liang Pang, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Improvement of Ohmic contacts to n-type GaN using a Ti/Al multi-layered contact scheme," Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Volume 29, January 2015, Pages 90–94.
- Elizabeth Joachim, Il-Doo Kim, Yinchuan Jin, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Ja-Kyeong Lee and Hyungsoo Choi,"Gelatin nanoparticles enhance the neuroprotective effects of intranasally administered osteopontin in rat ischemic stroke model,"Drug Deliv. and Transl. Res. (2014) 4:395â€“399; DOI 10.1007/s13346-014-0208-9
- Gulsim Kulsharova, Matthew Lee, Felice Cheng, Munima Haque, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon Kim, William D. O'Brien, Jr, and G. Logan Liu, "In vitro and in vivo imaging of peptide-encapsulated polymer nanoparticles for cancer biomarker activated drug delivery," IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience 12(2013)304-310.
- Philip Edward Heil, Hyunmin Kang, Hyungsoo Choi, and Kyekyoon(Kevin) Kim,"Effects of controlled surface treatment on titanium dioxide electrode nanostructure for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Appl. Phys. A 112(2013) 371-380.
- Liang Pang, H.-C. Seo, K. Kim,"Transfer printing of flexible hybrid inductor-capacitor filters via pre-etched silicon-on-insulator mother wafer, "Appl. Phys. Lett., 101, 063113 (2012).
- In-Yong Kim, P.L.Pusey,Y. Zhao, S.S. Korban, H. Choi, K. Kim,"Controlled release of Pantoea agglomerans E325 for biocontrol of fire blight disease of apple," J. Controlled Release,161(2012) 109-115; doi:10.1016/j.j conrel.2012.03.028 (2012).
Service on University Committees
- Director, Thin Film (previously, Fusion Technology) and Charged Particle Research Lab - 1980 to present
Service on College Committees
- External Affairs Subcommittee
Service to Federal and State Government
- National Science Foundation Advisory Committee, Electrical and Communications Division, 1991-1993
- ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, 2004.
- Nominated for the ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, 1999
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE), 2017
- US Chair, 1st US-Korea Frontier Energy Forum, Mar 5-6, Seoul, Korea, 2015
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, University of Illinois, December 2011.
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2005
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, University of Illinois, December 2005.
- ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Illinois, 2004
- Outstanding Consumer & Diversified Product Paper Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2004.
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2003
- Overseas Member, National Academy of Engineering, Korea, 2002
- Meritorious Award, ICF Target Fabrication Specialists' Meeting, 1995.
- Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meeting, 1993
- Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee for Electrical and Communications Division, 1991-1993
- Best Paper Award, Nuclear Division, American Ceramic Society 92nd Annual Meeting, 1990
- Japanese Government Award for Foreign Specialist, 1989 (Awarded by the Science and Technology Agency of Japan)
- Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meeting Gut Ising, Upper Bavaria, Fed. Rep. of Germany, Oct. 24-26, 1988.
- Beckman Research Award, 1985 (University of Illinois)
- BIOE 297 - Individual Study
- BIOE 497 - Individual Study
- ECE 340 - Semiconductor Electronics