Bruce C Wheeler
Bruce C Wheeler
- PhD Electrical Engineering, Cornell University 1981
Technologies for the Study of Small Neuronal Networks: Micropatterning the Growth of Individual Neurons; Microelectrode Array Fabrication; Neural Signal Processing.
Hearing Related Technologies: Signal Processing for Smart Hearing Aids. Controlled growth of Neurons for Cochlear Prostheses.
Generally: Biomedical Engineering & Signal Processing.
- Patterned Growth of Neurons
- Controlled Stimulation of Neuronal Networks
- Microminiature Sensors for Neural Recording
- Analysis of Multichannel Neural Signals
- Medical Scholars Program Outstanding Advisor, 2003.
- Campus Award for Excellence in Advising Undergraduate Students, 2000
- Illinois Dad's Association Outstanding Faculty Award 1999
- Honorary Knight of St. Pat -- "for demonstrating leadership in his field, contributing to the enhancement of student activities, and maintaining a high level of character." (Chosen by Engineering College Student Leaders) - 1999.
- Inclusion in the Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, UIUC, Spring 1984, Fall 1987, Spring 1996
- Dean's List of Outstanding Advisors - 1989, 1993, 1997, 2001
- Stanley H. Pierce Award - 1987
- 3M Faculty Development Award - 1984, 1985
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, 2004
- Fellow, IEEE, 2008
Public Service Honors
- Advisory Board, Bio and Brain Engineering Department, Korean Advanced Institute for Science and Technology, Daejon, Korea, 2007-present
- Advisory Board, Cornell University Biological and Environmental Engineering Department, 2004-present
- Advisory Board, Bioengineering Department at the University of Florida, 2003 - present