A note of "thanks" from Illinois ECE Department Head Bruce Hajek
Bruce Hajek, Illinois ECE Department Head and Leonard C. and Mary Lou Hoeft Endowed Chair in Engineering
11/26/2019 1:53:10 PM
With that said, there is much to be thankful for in Illinois ECE this year, especially our outstanding faculty and staff, world-class students, and our research and alumni who are impacting industries and changing lives around the world.
A few highlights from 2019 include:
- We are now The Grainger College of Engineering recognizing more than $300 million in total support from The Grainger Foundation
- The Illinois ECE building began generating electrical power from its rooftop solar array
- A new virtual reality lab is changing the way Illinois ECE students learn
- MNTL is now the Nick Holonyak, Jr Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory to permanently recognize Holonyak’s legacy and impact on the world
- The ECE Building has been awarded LEED platinum certification
- Illinois ECE welcomed 11 new faculty members, 458 new undergraduate students, and 199 new graduate students this fall
I invite you to explore more of our news highlights from the past year, and learn about the impact of gifts to the department. From all of us at Illinois ECE, we hope you and your families have a wonderful holiday season.
Illinois ECE Department Head
Leonard C. and Mary Lou Hoeft Endowed Chair in Engineering